Parish of St Brélade Rates ( Jersey ) Law 2005
The Parish of St Brelade Rates List is available for inspection from 5 May to 19 May inclusive at the Parish Hall.
Any questions or queries relating to assessments will be dealt with by members of the Parish Assessment Committee who will be available at the Parish Hall by appointment only on the following dates.
- Tuesday 16 May 2023 between 2pm and 5pm
- Thursday 18 May 2023 between 5pm and 7pm
Please ring +44 (0) 1534 741141 to make an appointment.
An application may be made to the Assessment Committee for a Review of the rateable value of any area of land shown on the Rates List. An application for review:
- must be made on the approved form (available from the Parish Hall or Parish website)
- must state the name of other land in the Island with similar attributes where there is a significant difference (10% of the proposed rateable value of the land in question or 500 rateable quarters whichever is the greater)
- if requesting a review of the assessment of domestic or non-domestic you must provide details of the current use of the property
- must be made on or before 19 May 2023 to the Assessment Committee at the Parish Hall
An appeal against an assessment may only be made after a Review has been undertaken.
Notice is also given that in accordance with Article 11 (4) of the Rates (Jersey) Law 2005 that once the Rate List has been approved by the Supervisory Committee it becomes the Approved Rate List of the Parish of St Brelade for 2023
M K Jackson, Connétable